Easy Tips for Outdoor Entertaining
- Nothing is worse than running out of food at your party, so make more than you think you will need! To minimize waste, place the food in dishes that can be easily refrigerated or go straight into the freezer.
- Consider hosting a potluck. If you’re throwing a backyard barbecue, provide the meat and buns, and ask each guest to bring a side or dessert. This will reduce your workload, allowing you to be more relaxed when your guests arrive!
- Coordinate your colors! Use flowers from your yard as table decor, and let the colors of the foliage inspire the rest of your decor. Choose tablecloths and place settings that complement each other. There’s no need to break the bank for this – big box stores and dollar stores often have a variety of spring tableware on sale.
- If your party will extend into the evening, light votive candles to enhance the ambience. If small kids will be present, you can also purchase battery-operated votive candles at the dollar store.
- Serve beverages in glasses or clear bottles rather than in cans, lest any small bugs hide in the openings. Avoid red and yellow drinks, which tend to attract insects. To keep bugs out of the food, purchase wire domes that fit right over your bowls – these can be found at most kitchenware stores.
- Make sure there’s plenty of seating for your guests. Don’t fret about having mismatched chairs – with a plateful of food, people will be happy to have any type of of seat! You can also spread picnic blankets on the ground for additional seating.
- Set up some fun yard games like croquet or bocce ball. If you don’t own any, these are often on sale at big box stores in the spring and summer.
New homes by Richardson Housing Group (RHG Homes) provide the perfect spaces for outdoor entertaining! Our homes include spacious covered rear patios, private backyards, and gourmet kitchens that are perfect for food prep.* If you’re looking for a new home in Atlanta, check out one of our incredible new communities today!
Coming soon to Dacula!
New homes in Buford from the high $200s
Coming soon to Lawrenceville!
Estates at Mulberry
Coming soon to Auburn!
New homes in Dacula from the high $200s – Decorated Model available to tour!
Overlook at Brookside
New homes in Auburn from the high $200s – Decorated Model available to tour!
New homes in Hoschton from the low $300s
Coming soon to Hoschton!
Heritage at Jefferson
New homes in Jefferson from the high $200s
New homes in Jefferson from the low $200s
Coming soon to Tucker!
Richardson Housing Group (RHG Homes) builds new homes in Atlanta. For more information on our new home communities in Gwinnett, Jackson, and DeKalb Counties, including available homes, photos, floorplans, and more, visit us online at www.RHGHomes.com. To keep up-to-date on the latest news and offerings by RHG Homes, check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RHG.homes. You can also catch up with us on Twitter and see footage of our beautiful new homes and communities on YouTube!
*Home features vary per plan and community.
Image Source: Gentleman’s Gazette