Tips for a Safe Halloween
Richardson Housing Group (RHG Homes) wishes your family a very happy Halloween! Before your family heads out for trick-or-treating this evening, here are some tips to make sure everyone stays safe and has a ghoulishly fun time!
- Trick-or-treat in your own neighborhood or neighborhoods you are familiar with. Plan out the the route with your children, so that no one gets lost or confused along the way.
- Make sure your children know to walk, not run, from house to house. Your group should always walk on sidewalks or on the far edge of the roadway facing traffic. Cross intersections with your children, while teaching them to how look both ways before they cross the street. Remind children to be aware of cars that may be backing out of driveways. Hold hands with young children at all times.
- Each person in your trick-or-treating party, both kids and adults, should carry their own flashlight to illuminate their path.
- Be sure children are wearing comfortable shoes they can easily walk in, even if they don’t match the costume. Stick with flat shoes instead of heels, preferably sneakers or tennis shoes that have good grip. Double-tie any laces, and re-check them throughout the evening.
- Make sure costumes are bright and reflective. If your child is dressed as a dark and spooky creature, affix reflective tape strips to their costume and on their shoes to make them more visible to motorists.
- Thoroughly check your children’s candy before they dig in. Make sure all candy is unopened and undamaged, and toss any homemade treats your kids may have received.
Richardson Housing Group (RHG Homes) builds beautiful new communities in Atlanta. Each home by RHG includes the features you want most, such as open-concept layouts, hardwood flooring on the main level, gourmet kitchen with granite countertops and large island, and much more! For more information on our new home communities in Gwinnett, Jackson, Barrow and DeKalb Counties, including available homes, photos, floorplans, and more, visit us online at www.RHGHomes.com. To keep up-to-date on the latest news and offerings by RHG Homes, check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RHG.homes. You can also catch up with us on Twitter and see footage of our beautiful new homes and communities on YouTube!